B.o.B. is back...I guess

On May 12, 2017 I found an album called Ether in my Apple Music featured section. It had a strange coverart with mostly black, brown, and yellow used. An elephant is wearing a gas mask, which i assume is to suck in the ether.  When I found out it was B.o.B. I initially was like, "really? you ain't no Nas". But, I listened anyway out of curiosity. Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnn. The first song "Fan Mail" is hard. B.o.B. goes in on all the flack he gets from loudmouths and you can feel his anger. The first 2 songs pf this album stresses how far apart he feels from people. The second song "E.T." featuring Lil Wayne, speaks on how feels alienated at times. The rest of this album is pretty good. The features are top notch and I was incredibly surprised to be honest. I had forgotten about B.o.B. The last thing I remembered from him was that plane song and the other song with Bruno Mars. Bruno Mars kinda took B.o.B.'s fame spot for the past 7 years. So I began to look more into what he has done recently. Last year he released an album! It is called Elements, and I haven't heard it yet but will soon. One song is already intriguing because it is called "Mr. Mister", which is the title of the second part of track 3 of Ether. So I guess B.o.B. has been back for a while now. I don't know how I didn't notice, but I'm glad I did.


Lyrics: 3.5/5
Orchestration: 3/5
Message: 4/5
Hits: 3/5
Loveit?: 2/5

Total: 15.5/25  


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubJZHdgAag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Xxxtentacion's Revenge? What is Xxxtentecion?